SCYTL’S ROLE IN THE 2020 US GENERAL ELECTION
Fact Checking Regarding US Elections: Debunking Fake News
Following several erroneous statements that have been published in digital and social media, Scytl would like to clarify the following:
- The technologies implemented by Scytl in the US are both hosted and managed within the US, by a local subsidiary, SOE Software, based in Tampa, Florida.
- We do not tabulate, tally or count votes in US public elections
- We do not provide voting machines in the US
- We did not provide online voting to US jurisdictions for the US elections
- We do not have servers or offices in Frankfurt
- The US army has not seized anything from Scytl in Barcelona, Frankfurt or anywhere else
- We are not owned by George Soros and have never been connected to him
- We are not tied to Smartmatic, SGO, Dominion or Indra
- We have no ties with Russia either
For the 2020 US General Election, Scytl provided 4 products and services to city, county, and state clients across the United States. Each of these products and services provide information created and approved by each individual client, to voters or temporary election workers.
- Election Night Reporting (ENR): ENR is a platform that provides visual representation of votes that have been tabulated by local elections officials. ENR allows elections offices to provide real-time election results to citizens in a multi-lingual, mobile friendly platform. On Election Night, each election office tabulates the vote using their tabulation vendor’s physical machines and uploads those results to Scytl’s ENR. All Scytl ENR servers being used for the US elections are physically located in the United States. Scytl does NOT tabulate, tally or count any votes.
- Online Election Worker Training: Scytl works with elections offices to take their already-created training content and puts it into an online learning management system, increasing information retention, consistency, and the ability to track / report on trainee progress. All of the content for this training is provided and fully approved by each individual client.
- Online Voter Education: Our Voter Education Platform is a tool used to create a website for election officials to provide important election information before, during, and after an election. This tool allows voters to look-up where they can vote, the available voting methods, any ID or other requirements needed in order to vote, register to vote, view their sample ballot, and more. All content on these websites is provided and approved by each individual client.
- Electronic Ballot Delivery (eBD): Is a platform that allows state election offices to securely deliver ballots to UOCAVA and absentee voters. Each state has different laws and regulations regarding who can request their ballot through this system, and how that ballot can be returned. All servers being used for eBD for the US elections are physically located in the United States. What eBD does NOT do:
- Allow voters to vote online
- Tabulate, tally, or count votes
Click here for the Associated Press fact check: https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-9754011363
- Scytl worked with us to develop a training curriculum unique to our processes and procedures. Now we are able to provide a consistent user experience and training for all workers...The overall delivery and performance has been very successful. We highly recommend Scytl for any such project in the future.
- I want to thank Scytl for their support during the 2016 Election. It has been great to work with you. We were all extremely pleased with Scytl Election Night Reporting...I know that it contributed to the overall positive perception of how our election processes and services were experienced.
- Our previous Election Night Reporting (ENR) was unavailable and we had just 3 weeks to come to a solution. Scytl stepped up to the plate and had us up and running in time for the election. Not only that, our ENR has never looked better. The technology and support were unexpected.
- Our office loves Scytl ENR because it saves us time and work. The system is so easy to use, and the team – especially Maria – is a joy to work with and helps take some of the election stress off my plate. Before this, the room would be full of people on Election Night, and now nobody comes in. Everybody sits at home and watches the results come in.
- We are pleased with Scytl Voter Education, an end-to-end public communications website that is manageable through a web-based content management system. The overall solution delivery was successful, and as a result, I would recommend Scytl as a potential partner for other entities considering projects of this kind.